Huawei postpone plans to launch new laptop because of USA ban

Ceria Alfonso
Junio 13, 2019

It's not clear when-or whether-the laptop will be released.

In this respect, the ban has effective blocked Huawei's access to technology from Microsoft (its Windows operating system) and Intel (processors).

Huawei was scheduled to unveil a new MateBook laptop this week at the CES Asia 2019 trade show that is taking place in Shanghai but had to postpone the launch due to the US ban restricting American companies from doing business with the Chinese company. "We can not supply the PC", Yu said, calling it "unfortunate", according to CNBC.

It has been reported that Huawei has already stopped the production and development of its laptop computers.

The US last month put Huawei on its Entity List, which prevents it from buying parts and components from US companies without US government approval.

More news: Premios Tony 2019: Lista de ganadores

According to CNBC, a United States television network, Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei's Consumer division, said that the company had planned to launch a new product in its Matebook series without giving a date, but it had been put on hold.

Huawei has repeatedly rejected the accusations of USA intelligence agencies that it installs "backdoor" access to its devices at the behest of the Chinese government to help Beijing spy on users.

Huawei is known more for smartphones and networking equipment but has courted PC users with laptops such as the MateBook 13 and MateBook X Pro. A new report says there is no truth to the matter.

Intel reportedly restricted its employees from having informal conversations with Huawei, but an Intel executive also spoke out against the Trump administration's Huawei ban on Monday.

Otros informes por

Discuta este artículo

SIGUE NUESTRO PERIÓDICO