Chipotle to retrain workers after Ohio illnesses | Ap Wire

Galtero Lara
Agosto 19, 2018

Health officials in OH on Thursday faulted a toxin that occurs when food is left at unsafe temperatures for an illness that struck 647 customers of a Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant in the state.

Chipotle says it will retrain all restaurant employees on food safety procedures after OH heath officials said tests tied to one store came back positive for an illness that occurs when food is left at unsafe temperatures. It is commonly found in beef, poultry, gravies and dried or pre-cooked foods that "are prepared in large quantities and kept warm for a long time before serving", according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As of now, no specific food item has been named.

Niccol says while this incident only impacted one restaurant, it's Chipotle Field Leadership "will be retraining all restaurant employees nationwide beginning next week on food safety and wellness protocols".

Chipotle said it will retrain workers as a result.

The outbreak in OH is the latest of several in recent years that have hit the restaurant chain, sickening hundreds of customers.

Customers had last month complained of food poisoning and diarrhea after eating tacos and burrito bowls at the Powell, Ohio Chipotle restaurant. "To ensure consistent food safety execution, we will be adding to our daily food safety routines a recurring employee knowledge assessment of our rigorous food safety standards".

More news: Spyro Reignited Trilogy Has Been Delayed to November

FBN's Susan Li, Ashley Webster and Liz MacDonald on reports of people getting sick from eating at an Ohio Chipotle.

Shares of Chipotle were down 3 percent Thursday afternoon.

However, according to a Business Insider report, records show that local health officials in OH found several violations related to food not being held at proper temperatures.

In two of the restaurants, inspectors found boxes of raw chicken "leaning" on other packaged foods, according to health records.

The CDC notes that the toxin usually develops when someone eats food that has been stored at the wrong temperature after cooking.

Otros informes por

Discuta este artículo

SIGUE NUESTRO PERIÓDICO