Man with the world's longest fingernails gets them cut

Evarado Alatorre
Julio 14, 2018

Chillal's nails had grown to about 31-feet, which would rival a three-story building when laid out flat.

The owner of the longest fingernails ever recorded on a single hand has had them cut after 66 years. The 14-year-old then made a decision to take up a challenge to see how long he could go without trimming his nails.

Chillal's nails have had significant drawbacks on his health, though, and taken great care to maintain.

He only grew the nails on his left hand.

Despite opposition from his parents, he said he would be able to work with one hand, eventually becoming a photographer with a customised handle to accommodate his nails when using the camera. As a result of his long nails, his left hand is permanently handicapped - he can not open or flex his fingers. The man could not open his hand or flex his fingers.

More news: CS Balala seeks neutral probe into deaths of 8 rhinos at Tsavo

Chillal said that while cutting his nails was not an easy decision to make, he finally gave in after learning that his fingernails will be permanently displayed at Ripley's Believe It or Not in Times Square, in New York City, New York.

"Ripley's is privileged to display this truly unique and one-of-a-kind exhibit".

"Chillal dedicated his life to something truly remarkable and Ripley's is the flawless home to honor his legacy", a rep says, per the Hindu. "Mr Chillal dedicated his life to something truly remarkable and Ripley's is the ideal home to honour his legacy", said Suzanne Smagala-Potts, PR Manager, Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum in Times Square. "But I will say it was a hefty figure and it will be enough for Mr Chillal to retire", Smagala-Potts said.

Chillal started growing his nails when he was just 14, after being scolded for breaking a teacher's nail.

For most his life, Chillal's nails have made his life more hard. In 2015, he told HuffPost India how hard it was to sleep with his long nails. He found it hard to sleep, and even a gust of wind was cause for alarm. The historic surgical procedure, which took roughly 20 minutes to complete, took place at Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Otros informes por

Discuta este artículo