Chicago Bulls rescind David Nwaba's qualifying offer

Jose Verdugo
Julio 14, 2018

The Bulls rescinded their qualifying offer to guard David Nwaba on Thursday, making him an unrestricted free agent, according to Yahoo Sports.

This could also mean he is heading elsewhere and the move is already in the works.

Both Lakers and Spurs are looking to re-assemble their bench after some of their restricted free agents left town, making Nwaba a potentially welcome addition.

More news: Conte to leave Chelsea, Sarri to replace him

The moves follow last week's trade of Jerian Grant to the Magic for Julyan Stone, whose non-guaranteed deal also will be waived, a source said. One source said there's strong internal belief another move will be finalized.

Nwaba averaged 7.9 points and 4.7 rebounds in 23.5 minutes per contest for the Bulls last season.

While there is no clear frontrunner, the Bulls could still re-sign him, but likely prefer to stay out of a bidding war after matching the Sacramento Kings' offer sheet for Zach LaVine for a hefty $78 million over four years. Originally an undrafted free agent out of Cal Poly, Nwaba also shot a career-high 34.6 percent from 3-point range in 2017-18.

Otros informes por

Discuta este artículo

SIGUE NUESTRO PERIÓDICO