Haas investigating Santino Ferrucci's behaviour after F2 race ban

Ceria Alfonso
Julio 9, 2018

American Formula Two driver Santino Ferrucci was fined and banned for four races on Sunday for crashing into his Indian teammate, driving the auto with a mobile phone in his hand, and refusing to attend stewards' hearings.

Ferrucci, who made his IndyCar debut earlier this year, made contact with Trident teammate Arjun Maini - who is also a Haas junior - on the cool-down lap of Sunday's sprint race, held at the British Grand Prix. It was later deemed he had done this deliberately. Ferrucci has been suspended from the next two F2 rounds - both of which feature two races - and has been given a fine of 60,000 Euros.

It came after an incident between the pair during the race, with Ferrucci found to have deliberately forced Maini off the road following a passing move.

The Trident team was called to the stewards and told the officials it was a deliberate act on the American driver's part and have since made a statement about his 'unsportsmanlike' actions. Ferrucci also declined to attend that hearing.

Apparently, the American was seen driving from the support paddock to the pitlane "wearing just one glove and holding a phone in his hand", a state of affairs that "violated both the technical and sporting regulations for incorrect driver safety equipment and the prohibition of wireless transmission devices within the auto".

More news: Dauphin County collects more West Nile Virus-infected mosquito samples

On Sunday afternoon, Ferrucci took to Twitter to respond to radio messages which had been transmitted by Maini during the race.

"There's something wrong with my team-mates brain, he needs banned (sic)", Maini said. I just did my drug test so I'm all clear.

"Lot of keyboard jockeys out here today".

Trident also tweeted on Sunday evening to elaborate on the situation.

Otros informes por

Discuta este artículo

SIGUE NUESTRO PERIÓDICO