Kate Spade Foundation bosses donating $1 million to mental health organisations

Maricruz Casares
Junio 22, 2018

Now, the foundation has committed to giving $250,000 United States to the Crisis Text Line - a free, 24-hour text message service for people in crisis.

More and more companies including Barclays, RBS, and Unilever are starting mental health awareness initiatives. "Collectively, we must all do more".

Spade, who co-founded the company in 1993, died in her apartment of suicide on June 5. He explained she was seeking help for both issues prior to her death.

"In honor of our company founder, Kate Spade, we're donating to mental health awareness causes", the tweet read.

More news: 'Embarrassed and disappointed' Mickelson apologizes for U.S. Open rules violation

"Mental health does not discriminate; it is complicated and hard to diagnose and can often be life-threatening", she adds. In addition, from June 20 to 29, the Kate Spade New York Foundation will match public donations made to the Crisis Text Line, up to $100K.

Officials are also hosting a Global Mental Health Awareness Day for their employees, according to Women's Wear Daily.

Suicide is the 10th-leading cause of death in the United States, the CDC reported. In 1999, she and husband Andy Spade sold a 56 percent stake of their company to Neiman Marcus, then, in 2006, sold the remaining 44 percent to Neiman, and took time to raise their daughter, Frances Beatrix, whom they welcomed in 2005.

Seek help if you suffer from a mental health condition, and do not hesitate to reach out to groups such as Crisis Text Line if needed.

Otros informes por

Discuta este artículo

SIGUE NUESTRO PERIÓDICO