David Warner to return to competitive cricket soon at Randwick Petersham CC

Jose Verdugo
May 17, 2018

Disgraced Australian opening batsman David Warner will attempt to get his cricket career back on track by playing the start of the Sydney grade cricket season with Randwick Petersham. The Aussie batsman has been banned by Cricket Australia from global cricket for one year in the aftermath of the ball tampering incident.

Warner was part of the trio, Bancroft and Steve Smith being the others, to have been banned by Cricket Australia for twelve months following their involvement in the controversial ball-tampering saga in the Test series against South Africa.

Warner has previously played for the club, switching across from Eastern Suburbs in 2013. After some insistence, Warner has agreed to the proposal.

Club president and ex-test fast bowler Mike Whitney told the Southern Courier the batsman had committed to at least the first three of four matches for the club.

More news: Maurizio Sarri in talks over new Napoli deal

This is the only form of cricket that he will be able to participate in as his ban extends to state matches as well.

Warner, his fellow opener Cameron Bancroft - who is serving a nine-month ban but is set to play for his club side in Western Australia - and Smith were all embroiled in the plot to alter the condition of the ball by using sandpaper.

Recently, Cameron Bancroft was also given clearance to play club cricket for his home team Willeton in Perth. "He will be great in the changing rooms with younger players", the Club President excitedly said.

Otros informes por

Discuta este artículo

SIGUE NUESTRO PERIÓDICO